Main Navigation

Licensing Resources


Home Student Organizations

Student Organizations

Student Organizations

The Auxiliary Business Development Office governs the use of The University of Utah’s trademarks. In collaboration with the Department of Student Leadership & Involvement (SLI), and following the guidelines for Recognized Student Organization Classifications, the following memo addresses the use of the University’s marks. For more information and resources regarding Student Organizations, contact the SLI by visiting their Campus Connect page.

Using a Licensed Vendor

The requirement to use a University of Utah licensed vendor protects the U in many ways. Each licensed vendor has completed an application and met stringent requirements to ensure that University marks are:

  • Used properly and within the University of Utah brand guidelines
  • Used on products that align with the integrity and reputation of the university
  • Not misleading or inaccurate in representing the University of Utah’s relationship to other entities
  • Used on products that are produced in a socially responsible and ethical manner that is consistent with Fair Labor Association standards

It is University Policy to purchase products bearing the University of Utah marks/logos through a licensed vendor. While you can use any vendor on the list, vendors with the Internal Only designation means their focus is on serving campus departments and groups.

If you have any questions or would like suggestions on particular vendors, please contact us.


If a product is being purchased for internal student organization use, royalties are not applicable. Royalties apply when the product is being purchased and resold for a profit (e.g. fundraisers, etc.). Contact us for questions regarding what may or may not be royalty-bearing.


We are here ready to answer your questions. Contact us today for more information.

Contact Us